What What! Guess what time it is!! Yes, you are correct, it is time for the semi-annual World Conference for the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC). Basically, the best of the best get together, worship the Creator and Savior of the universe, and learn much needed techniques for helping others live healthy, happy, productive, and Christ-centered lives.
This conference is only TWO weeks away and I’m super pumped. To fill you in on why, here are the seven “tracks” (aka 1 hour and 15 minutes of the latest and greatest information available to counselors!) I will be taking:
(1) Counseling and Serving Today’s Adolescent: Six New Realities that Impact Our Work with Kids -by Chap and Dee Clark
(2) Lust & Fantasies: Taking Every Thought Captive -by Mark Laaser
(3) Exploring the Hidden Power of Shame -by Richard Winter
(4) An Honest Conversation About Doubt, Hypocrisy, and Belief -by Johnnie Moore
(5) Therapy with Remarried Couples and Stepfamilies: Helping without Hurting -by Ron Deal
(6) Stabilizing Marriage in the First 90 Days After Disclosure of Adultery -by David Carder
(7) Nutrition Coaching: Proven Methods to Help Clients Achieve their Goals -by Judi Quilici-Timmcke
I know you’re amazed at the above greatness, and that doesn’t even cover the plenary speakers (who include: Lee Strobel, Mike Huckabee, Henry Cloud, John Townsend, Diane Langberg, Michael Lyles, Gary Smalley, John Ortberg, Larry Crabb, and tons of others!), or the tracks I’m wanting to get on CD. Oh, and all the BOOTHS! And FREE STUFF! And discounted (and sometimes signed) BOOKS!
Can you feel the excitement! Either you can, or you’re thinking that I’m a huge dork, right about now – and I’m okay with either one!
Even better than that, I get to ride and room with some GREAT friends!
The only downside is that my WONDERFUL husband is not going with me. But, that’s okay. I’ll take this picture from when we were at the 2009 AACC conference with me to keep me company!